Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20
EXODUS 20 (10 Commandments)
1And God spake all these words, saying,
2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (1)
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them (2): for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. (3)
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.(4)
12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.(5)
13Thou shalt not kill.(6)
14Thou shalt not commit adultery. (7)
15Thou shalt not steal. (8)
16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. (9)
17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s. (10)
- You shall have no other gods before Me. Guilty– Girls/Women…
- You shall not make for yourself an idol. Guilty– Metal music when younger. Also drug use 27 to 30.
- You shall not lift up the name of the Lord your God in vain. Guilty– Used the Lord’s name as a curse word.
- Observe the Sabbath day and keep it holy .Guilty- Many Sunday’s I worked or just had a lazy day.
- Honor your father and mother. Guilty– Striking my father when I was 18.
- You shall not murder. Guilty-According to Jesus, I have hated.
- You shall not commit adultery. Guilty– Officially broken up two marriages.
- You shall not steal. Guilty– With first wife, newspaper machines as well as a gun once,
- You shall not bear false witness. Guilty-Telling lies is bearing false witness
- You shall not covet. Guilty– Unlimited money.
I needed a Savior, you do too. I was raised in church knowing ABOUT God but now I KNOW Jesus. Not only am I forgiven but I will spend eternity in the presence of my LORD and SAVIOR…it’s available for you to do the same.
Ask me how